Uneven sidewalks, driveways, pool decks, and patios can be inconvenient at best and dangerous liabilities at worst.
Concrete repair does not have to disrupt your life. Concrete leveling is a convenient concrete repair alternative to the expensive and disruptive process of removing existing slabs and re-pouring new ones. With help from our Nashville concrete leveling company, you can quickly and conveniently repair uneven concrete. USS provides concrete leveling services to home and business owners throughout Tennessee and the Nashville area. Call us today for a free estimate on how we can fix your uneven concrete.
What Causes Concrete to Sink and Crack?
New concrete slabs are poured on top of soil or loose gravel that can shift over time due to soil erosion, shrinkage, expansion, frost heave, settlement, and overloading. When soil shifts, it causes voids beneath your concrete slab. These voids often leave the soil unable to bear the weight of the slab, causing the concrete to sink and eventually crack.
How to Repair Sunken Concrete
If you search for Nashville concrete leveling or repair, you’ll likely stumble upon a wide variety of repair solutions used by the contractors in our area. Unfortunately, many of these concrete repair methods only offer temporary relief. Because uneven concrete and sunken slabs are often caused by underlying soil issues, concrete repair techniques that only address cosmetic problems won’t last long before the concrete sinks and cracks again.
Here is a list of the most popular Nashville concrete leveling and concrete repair solutions:
- Concrete replacement: Concrete replacement is probably the most disruptive and expensive way to address uneven concrete. It’s not technically a “concrete repair” method because rather than repairing the concrete, you’re tearing it up and repouring it. This method should be reserved for concrete slabs that are beyond repair. You’ll also want to ensure that if this method is used, measures are taken to fix all underlying soil issues before repouring new concrete.
- Concrete resurfacing: Concrete resurfacing involves overlaying slabs with a new surface. This method of concrete repair is only suitable for repairing superficial cosmetic issues such as discoloration and minor chipping or spalling.
- Mudjacking (also known as slabjacking): Mudjacking is a concrete repair method that attempts to mend the root cause of uneven concrete. However, it is a fairly outdated technique. A concrete slurry is pumped beneath the slab to fill voids and raise the slab back to its original position. However, the concrete slurry is heavy, often resulting in the same problem it is attempting to solve—shifting soils. The heavy concrete slurry often causes concrete to compress further. In just a few years, you’ll likely see cracks beginning to form again.
- Epoxy concrete repair: Epoxy injection is primarily a cosmetic concrete repair method, using epoxy to seal and reduce the appearance of cracks. Like concrete resurfacing, this should only be used for superficial concrete crack repair as it does not address underlying causes of uneven concrete.
- Concrete grinding: Concrete grinding is a popular method of concrete repair for uneven sidewalks. However, grinding does not address the cause of the problem, so concrete that has been leveled using this method will likely heave or settle again.
- Foam leveling: Injection foam leveling is the only permanent solution for concrete repair and leveling. This method addresses the root cause of uneven concrete and uses materials that are durable enough to withstand years of harsh conditions.
Concrete cracking? Sidewalks shifting? We can help! Work is completed quickly. Walk on it immediately! Moisture resistant, polyurethane won’t wash out. A dime-sized hole is drilled. A port is installed. We use a two-part polyurethane foam. Foam is injected. Port is pulled. Port is patched. Cracks are repaired. For more visit www.usstn.com or call us at 615.227.2275.
Our preferred Nashville concrete leveling method is the utilization of expanding polyurethane foam. Our proprietary PolyLift system injects foam at high pressure into holes less than an inch in diameter that we drill into the top of the concrete. Once the foam has been injected into the void caused by shifting soil or gravel, air bubbles in the polymer expand and lift the slab back into its proper place, making your driveway, sidewalk, and other concrete surfaces safer to drive and walk on.
After the small holes are patched, leveled concrete can be walked on immediately and driveways can be driven on after 30 minutes. Concrete lifting with polyurethane is a fast, effective concrete repair method for sinking, uneven concrete slabs, sunken driveways, and sinking concrete sidewalks.
Benefits of Concrete Leveling with PolyLift
- Minimal impact to the structural integrity of the slab
- Installation is completed in minutes
- Provides an accurate lift
- Concrete slabs are ready to use in 30 minutes or less
- Clean and nondisruptive concrete repair method
- Small injection holes can be patched
- No loud noises or excavation
- 39-49% renewable and recycled materials
- Longer-lasting and more cost-effective than alternative methods
- Lightweight to prevent future sinking
Our Concrete Leveling and Repair Services
PolyLift™ concrete leveling is convenient and can be used for a wide variety of applications. Whether your pool deck is posing dangerous tripping hazards or your home in Nashville’s sidewalks need concrete leveling and fails to meet ADA standards, PolyLift™ is a viable solution.
We offer the following concrete leveling and repair services:
- Driveway repair
- Concrete crack repair
- Concrete step repair
- Garage floor repair
- Concrete floor repair
- Concrete porch repair
- Sidewalk repair
- Pool deck repair
How Much Does Concrete Leveling Cost?
Your sunken driveway concrete in Nashville can be leveled rather than replaced. The concrete repair process known as concrete leveling or concrete jacking costs about half as much as concrete replacement and will not incur supplementary costs, such as new landscaping.
Quotes and Cost
We do quotes for concrete leveling and repair on a cost-per-square-foot basis so the total cost for your repair will be largely dependent upon the size of the area and slab in question. The costs can also vary slightly based on the amount of foam needed and the length of the job. The good news is that these factors rarely have a significant effect on the price.
The Concrete Contractors Tennessee Trusts
With over 25 years of experience, you can trust our team of expert Nashville concrete leveling professionals to help you eliminate safety hazards and return the aesthetic value of your property, all for a fraction of the cost of replacement! Ready for effective sinking concrete repair or your sunken driveway repair from United Structural Systems, Inc.? Contact us for a free quote for concrete repair and concrete leveling!Request a Free Evaluation